Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Hopping on the Bandwagon

Hello world,

Peace be with you.

There are many words in this time we live in. Many opinions, ideologies, advertisements, talking heads, political agendas, articles, editorials, papers, magazines...blogs...

Somehow, joining the ranks of the over 1000 Bloggers that will begin this day makes me feel somewhat inconsequential. In fact, my life, on the surface, would appear to be as inconsequential as the next.

The reason for the title of my Blog? It is the counter to those feelings of inconsequently.

I believe Truth is a person. His name is Jesus Christ. I believe truth speaks today in the voice of the Magesterium of the Catholic Church (Yea for Pope Benedict XVI!!).

God knows the number of the hairs on my head (even INCLUDING my eyebrows!...Imagine that...), can I somehow believe that what I and others do with our lives is of no consequence to Him?

My hope is in the Truth, because in the Truth we find true freedom.

"But no darkness of error or of sin can totally take away from man the light of God the Creator. In the depths of his heart there always remains a yearning for absolute truth and a thirst to attain full knowledge of it." - The Great Pope John Paul II: Veritatis Splendor, par. 1

"Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

No comments: